Wednesday, 9 August 2017

Foundations That I Will ALWAYS Repurchase

Hello everyone!

I love trying out new foundations but there will always be some that I will never stop using; and will always repurchase. In today's blog post I am going to be sharing those holy grail foundations that I will continually repurchase, and I will also be telling you why I am so obsessed with them.

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Foundation in 100 Ivory:
The first foundation that I have been repurchasing for years, and will continue repurchasing, is the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr foundation. This foundation has brilliant coverage and is also very comfortable to wear due to the added comfort serum. I definitely do not wear my foundation for 25 hours but for the amount of time I do wear it (usually around 8) it has lasted really well and still looks good hours after it was originally applied. This foundation is great for taking on holiday, or just wearing if you live in a hot country, as it contains SPF 20 but it also doesn't melt off the skin or transfer when touched. 

L'Oreal Infallible 24H Foundation in 015 Porcelain:
My bottle of this L'Oreal foundation is actually empty, so I definitely need to repurchase ASAP! This foundation is also very full coverage and is really moisturising on the skin. This is actually one of my favourite Winter foundations as the shade I have is really pale, but it also doesn't emphasise dry patches. My skin tends to get dry in places in the colder weather so this is great as it feels like it adds a lot of moisture to the skin without looking oily or greasy. 

Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Oily/Combination Skin in 110 Ivory:
What makes this foundation great is the fact that there is a foundation option for normal/dry skin and for combination/oily skin. I have the foundation for combination/oily skin, so it's perfect for the warmer weather when my skin is noticeably oilier. I wouldn't say that this foundation gives a flawless finish after one layer of foundation, but it can definitely be built up to a fuller coverage. The formula of the foundation is also very light, so when you do add a second layer it definitely doesn't feel heavy or cakey on the skin. 

LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Foundation in Fair:
One of my favourite foundations to use recently has been the LA Girl Pro Coverage HD foundation. This foundation gives a very glowy finish, so it is different to my usual matte finish, but it makes my skin look so healthy any dewy. I have mentioned before that the shading for this foundation isn't brilliant, but I have really been enjoying mixing this with the Kat Von D foundation which I will be talking about next. This foundation on its own gives a great coverage which still looks very natural, but paired with the Kat Von D foundation it is absolutely flawless!

Kat Von D Lock It Foundation in Light 42 Neutral:
Probably my favourite foundation of all time; the Kat Von D Lock It! I haven't been using this foundation for as long as some of my drugstore foundations, but it never ceases to impress me. The coverage on this foundation is amazing, it covers every imperfection and I never use concealer when I am wearing this foundation. It also sets matte, which is my favourite foundation finish, so that's just another reason why I love this foundation SO much:) 

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Shell:
This foundation is probably up there with my Kat Von D foundation. I have been using this for a little while now, and I love everything about it. I was debating purchasing this foundation for a long time last year but I am so glad that I did decide to buy a bottle. With this foundation you really only need to use a small amount of product. I have had my bottle just over 7 months now but I still have 1/4 of the bottle left. I am going to need to repurchase this at some point and I would definitely recommend this foundation as it is great for all skin types; it doesn't oxidise or look greasy on oily skin and it doesn't cling to dry patches either. 

Let me know in the comments what your favourite foundations are! You can also leave a comment if you would like to see similar blog posts on other makeup categories:)


Until next time, 
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik