Sunday, 5 March 2017

A Roundup Of My Must Have Palettes

Hello everyone!

Palettes are so useful when it comes to makeup, because they contain loads of different products all in one place. Today I am going to be sharing with you some of my favourites and I hope that this post leaves you wanting to buy them all:)

Also I just wanted to mention that all of the palettes in this post are absolutely filthy, but that just shows how loved they all are!

Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette:
The Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette is one of my most recent favourites. I have been using this palette just about every day since I got it for Christmas, and I absolutely love it. This palette is amazing because it contains three different contour shades as well as 3 different powders which are perfect for use under the eyes and for brightening different areas of the face. I have been using all three of the contour shades on the bottom row, but on the top row my favourite shade is the centre one. It is a banana powder which I use for setting my under eye area, and that just helps to prevent creasing. 


Smashbox #ShapeMatters Palette:
This palette is one of those palettes that contains a whole range of different products. These palettes are great for travelling as it means you don't have to bring lots of individual products along with you. In this palette there are eye brow products, contour products and 9 gorgeous eye shadows. Smashbox is a really great makeup brand as there products are really good quality, and this palette is definitely no exception! The powder products are really easy to blend and are very pigmented. You can also create loads of different looks with the eye shadows, and the bottom left contour shade is one of my favourite contour products I have ever used. 


MAC Warm Neutrals Eye Shadow Palette:
My MAC eye shadow palette is definitely one of my most used palettes in my collection. I get so much use from this palette because it contains 15 very high quality eye shadows. MAC eye shadows are one of my favourite eye shadow brands because they don't crease on the lid and don't fade throughout the day either. I honestly couldn't pick out my favourite shades from this palette, because I genuinely love and use all of them. I also love that there are a range of different finishes in this palette, including everything from matte to frost.


Makeup Revolution Iconic Lights & Contour Pro Palette:
I feel like this palette has been very neglected recently because I have been using my Kat Von D palette on a daily basis, but I still had to give it a mention because I used to use it all of the time. When I bought this palette last year I had heard that it was an amazing dupe for the NYX contour palette, which is a lot more expensive than this. I got this one and I am so glad that I did, because for a long time it was my go to palette for contouring. I love that this has four different contour shades for all skin types, and then a highlight shade as well as three powders which are perfect for under the eyes. I love the yellow toned powder as it is the perfect banana powder for setting concealer under my eyes. If you are looking for a contour palette that is on the affordable side but is still high quality, then definitely give this one a try!


Makeup Revolution Highlighter Lights Highlight Palette:
Another palette from Makeup Revolution which I love is the Highlighter Lights palette. All three of these shades are very well loved, and I sometimes even mix all three together for a blinding highlight! When I first used this palette I was so impressed with the pigmentation of all three shades as they are so pigmented and could easily pass as high end highlighters. Again, Makeup Revolution is very affordable so you can't really go wrong with this highlighter trio:) 


Kylie Cosmetics Burgundy Palette:
I'm sure it's no surprise that I would be mentioning my beloved Kylie Cosmetics Burgundy palette, which I was especially loving in the Autumn months of last year. This is definitely in my top 3 eye shadow palettes, as all of the shades are right up my street and I use pretty much all of them. Some of my favourite shades to use from the palette are Beach, Brick, Almond and Dubai. These shadows are amazing because they have next to no fall out, and you only need a small amount of product because they are really pigmented. 


Urban Decay Naked 3 & Naked Smoky Palette:
I think that the Naked 3 palette is one of the first high end eye shadow palettes I ever bought, and it has served me well over the past 3 or so years. I love the rose gold toned eye shadows of this palette, with some of my favourites being Dust, Burnout and Buzz. Urban Decay are one of my favourite brands for eye shadows because they have an amazing shade range and the quality is always really great too. The other Naked palette I absolutely love is the Naked Smoky, which has 12 shades which are perfect for creating lots of different smoky eye looks. My favourite shades from this palette are High, Dirtysweet, Radar, Smolder and Whiskey. I have to admit, I haven't got that much use from these two palettes for the past few months, because I have been trying out different eye palettes, but these still remain in my favourite palettes:) 





Urban Decay Alice Through The Looking Glass Palette:
This next palette is the most beautiful palette I have ever saw in my life. The packaging of the palette is amazing and I am so glad I decided to buy the palette when it was released last year. It is a limited edition palette, so it's no longer available, but I still wanted to briefly include it in this post. When you lift the top of the palette there are two little doors which you open, and out pops a gorgeous blue butterfly. You then pull out a drawer and inside are 20 eye shadows of all different colours. I honestly never thought I would get that much use from the brighter and colourful shades in this palette, but I have honestly used them more than the neutral shades in the palette. Some of my favourite shades in the palette are Gone Mad, Duchess, Dream On, Kingdom, Salazen Grum, Cake and Chessboard. 


Too Faced Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Palette:
The final palette I am going to be talking about today is, of course, the Too Faced Sweet Peach. This is the newest addition to my palette collection, and I am absolutely in love with it! I'm sure you all know this by now, but the palette actually does smell like peaches and I love the scent. My only criticism for this palette is that some of the darker shades and some of the glittery shades do have a little bit of fallout, but I don't really find this to be too much of a problem because I normally do my eyes before my face makeup. This palette has all of my favourite shades in it for everyday wear, and I'm not going to pick out individual shades because there is not a shade in this palette which I don't love! Even the darker shades are getting used quite a lot in my eye looks. 


Let me know down in the comments what your favourite palette is at the minute, and whether you will be buying any of the ones mentioned here?

Shop this post: Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette (£37.00) // MAC Warm Neutrals Eye Shadow Palette (£49.50) // Makeup Revolution Iconic Lights & Contour Pro Palette (£8.00) // Makeup Revolution Highlighter Lights Highlighter Palette (£8.00) // Kylie Cosmetics Burgundy Palette ($42.00) // Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette (£39.50) // Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette (£39.50) // Too Faced Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Palette (£39.00)

Until next time,
Emily xo 
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik